FRANCE: ALSTOM’S TGV 2N2 HIGH SPEED TRAIN
Duration of the project
The TGV 2N2, which operates at speed of up to 320km/h on the high-speed lines of the French, German, and
Spanish national networks, is a new generation of bi-level rolling stock.
Operated by SNCF, the French national railway company, the High-Speed Train TGV 2N2 has been manufactured by
The EURODUPLEX Rolling Stock includes two traction units and 8-car unit with two levels.
This TGV NG is composed of DUPLEX NG type trailers and POS type motor vehicles for a commissioning on the German and French networks.
Scope of work
In the framework of this project, CERTIFER carried out the Notified Body and the Designated Body missions with the
assessment of ALSTOM’s high-speed train for SNCF.
Notified Body (NoBo) Mission
- The NoBo mission of CERTIFER consisted in assessing all characteristics of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) as stipulated in the 96/48 directive on the interoperability of the trans-European high- speed rail system ; and detailed in the relevant TSIs: Rolling Stock (RST), Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM), Noise, Control Command and Signalling (CCS) and Tunnels.
- The assessment corresponding to the role of Notified Body of the TGV DUPLEX NG sub-system was carried out according to the SH2 module, in compliance with the RST, PRM, Noise, CCS and Tunnels TSIs.
Designated Body (DeBo) Mission
- Assessment of the Preliminary Safety File and the Safety File according to the decree 2000-86 and to the order of application of January 08th 2002 (French DeBo).
- In-depth assessment of the rolling stock according to the French national rules.
- Thus, CERTIFER’s assessors have been involved from the definition of the project to its commissioning.
During the life-cycle of its assessment, CERTIFER performed design assessment/ verification, manufacturing audits and
also test witnesses until the delivery of the EC certificate of interoperability and the obtaining of the authorization to
place into service.