FRANCE: CDG EXPRESS LINE ASSESSMENT
SNCF RESEAU (operator)
Duration of the project
- As part of the Greater Paris project, The “CDG Express” line is a new line in Paris connecting Charles de Gaulle Airport to Paris Gare de l’Est train station.
- Providing a service of one train in each direction every 15 minutes from 5 AM to midnight, the 32-km fast line is key to relieve traffic to and from Paris, as it will allow a direct rail connection linking the airport to the downtown railway station in 20 minutes.
- The CDG Express’ commissioning is scheduled for 2023 and would permit the absorption of the expected air traffic growth (≈80 million passengers by 2025 vs. 65 million in 2015).
Scope of work
In the framework of this key project for Paris, Certifer works closely with SNCF RESEAU and ADP AEROPORTS DE PARIS, from the design stage to the commissioning of the line by acting as the Designated Body, Notified Body and Assessment Body.
Notified Body Service (NoBo)
- The NoBo mission of CERTIFER consists in assessing all characteristics of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) as stipulated in the 2008/57/EC directive on the interoperability of the trans-European high- speed rail system and detailed in the relevant TSIs: Infrastructure, Energy, Person with Reduced Mobility (PRM), Safety of Railway Tunnels (SRT) and Control Command and Signalling (CCS).
Designated Body (DeBo) and Assessment Body (AsBo) Services
- The DeBo and AsBo missions have to be performed in order to assess the compliance of the major changes with the Common Safety Methods and French national rules for the global system and following subsystems: Infrastructure, Energy and Control-Command and Signalling.
- This AsBo mission will be carried out to the subsystems described above as per the application of the Common Safety Methods for Risk Evaluation according the European Commission regulation No 402/2013 of April 30th and its amendment the Regulation No 2015/1136/EU.